These were supereasy to put together, one batch made 49 cookies. I baked them for 12 minutes and they turned out perfect: the edges were crunchy whereas the middle stayed nice and chewy: yum!!
Don’t you just love my new nail polish? This is ‘Smitten with Mittens’ by OPI, it’s part of the Holiday 2009 collection and it’s a gorgeous shimmery red with red/golden glitters in it!
(Sorry guys, I know this is offtopic, but I’m really loving this colour right now!!)
The bottom of these M&M cookies are sooooo cool, the colour of the M&M’s sort of rubbed off on the cookies a bit, aren’t they ‘groovy’?
Here’s the recipe, adapted from Blisstree:
1 cup (2 sticks) softened butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown suger
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1 12 oz package M&M’s baking bits (I used a 260 gram bag regular size M&M’s)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) (I skipped these)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; blend into creamed mixture. Stir in M&M’s and walnuts it you are using them
- Drop by heaping tablespoons about two inches apart apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-13 minutes (12 minutes wa perfect for me) or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Cool on cookie sheet for one minute, then transfer to wire racks.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies (I got 49 cookies out of this recipe)