It’s cinnamon-mascarponecream!!! Yum! There was some mascarpone leftover in the fridge from this weeks TWD, the Tiramisu Cake that I turned into cupcakes. I had no idea what to do with them. Then I received a phone call from Susann, one of my German friends. She is in Belgium today and tomorrow for business and wanted to come by tomorrow evening, what a nice surprise!! We haven’t seen each other since August 2007, so I’m really looking forward to het visit, even if it’s only for one evening!
Ofcourse now I had to turn the mascarpone into a tiramisu, but I didn’t feel like making the regular tiramisu after making all those cupcakes. Since the supermarket was already closed for the day I went on to check my pantry and found some double cream, cinnamon, two apples and cinnamon liquor.
Brown Sugar Apple and Cinnamon Tiramisu
2 apples (I used one Golden Delicious and one Pink Lady)
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp brown sugar (packed)
200 gram mascarpone
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
200 gram double cream (I used light, that’s what I had in the fridge)
1/2 tbsp sugar
10 lady fingers, broken into thirds
Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into thin slices, about 8 slices per 1/4 apple. Heat the butter in a pan and add the apples. Cook untill the apples are soft and then add the sugar, mix well. Cook for another couple of minutes.
Cream the mascarpone in a bowl, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix this really good. In another bowl whisk the double cream wiht 1/2 tablespoon of sugar untill the cream is stiff. Carefully fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone.
Layer the tiramisu, I used individual glass cups, as followed: place 3 thirds of ladyfingers in the cup, drizzle about 1 teaspoon of cinnamonliquor on it, top with the soft apples and then cover with the mascarponecream. Repeat this one more time and put into the fridge to meld, preferably overnight.
When ready to serve: dust some cinnamon on top of the tiramisu. Enjoy!!
My goal today was to figure out how to put a personalized signature under each post. It was relatively easy: quite a lot less dificult than I though it would be! My next step is to add tabs to the header of my blog….